Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cayman Mission Trip (3) Community Projects

I am so spoiled by the San Diego weather, that the heat and high humidity was a little bit of a shock, But despite the heat I enjoyed every moment. My team was community projects, as the week progressed we learned more and more about each other. What an amazing group of people! Felt right at home with my brothers & sisters in Christ. Monday morning started in the heat carrying sheets of drywall and concrete boards that I found out later weighed about 100-115lbs each and we carried them 1 per 2-3 people. In the Heat! what a workout!!!! Our project was to expand the class rooms at John A. Cumber Primary School. I was happy to do the heavy lifting, but found my niche with the murals! a few other girls and I started with the schools Coat of Arms, and created a long mural of hibiscus, butterflies, seashells, and birds of paradise, as we conquered that project we moved on and had a whole mural team that used our God given talents to create even more, with verses, fruit of the spirit, all while the rest of the team was hard at work on the construction! 


    

Room Expansion...

          

our Master flipper.... Kids loved bret!

  

My biggest challenge of the trip: 
Since the school was so impressed by the murals, they needed help on the backdrop for their school play "Beauty and the Beast" not realizing at the time, how big of a project this was. (33ft L x 12ft H... with only one day... EKKK!) This was not in my means or in my experience. God gives us challenges so we rely on him. If we could pull if off there was no way it was us, it was all GOD! It was even a challenge to figure out where we could work on something this big, but we took on the challenge! Our last day at the school. I came in with a sketch, taped the sheet down, gridded, and sketched it with chalk (Jenn rocked the drawing!) And all the other girls busted out the painting. And by some miracle we finished! And better than I could have even imagined! GOD is good! I am still in awe! (Renee, Jenn, Kayla, Anissa you girls Rock)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.  -Ephesians 3: 20-21


The whole team finished all the projects! And as a thank you the school threw an assembly for us, with singing, skit, & presented us with hand made cards and school pins! 

    
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment